Cold and flu season is in full swing and it seems like everybody I know is sick right now, all across the country, from Maryland to Oregon. In case it’s affecting you or someone you know, too, I thought I’d share my favorite remedy. This has worked for me and for more friends and neighbors than I can count. I usually see significant results within 24 hours and full or near-full recovery within two to three days.
My Kickass Antiviral Tea is dried wild leaves of:
* Lemon balm, Melissa officinalis
* Rosemary, Rosmarinus officinalis
* Mullein, Verbascum thapsus
* Yarrow (tea leaves or tincture), Achillea millefolium <– for colds
* Pine (needles for tea), Pinus spp. <– for colds
* Wild cherry (bark tincture), Prunus virginiana <– for sore throat
* Lemon juice (fresh squeezed from an organic fruit)
* Honey, ideally local and organic
I generally drink some version of the above tea 3 to 4 times a day and include 2 droppersful of the tincture per cup.
If you have a favorite herbal remedy for cold and flu, post it below — I’m interested!
Please share this post.
Then explore many more wild plants on the Search Plants! page.